Craig's Man with a Van Forum
Welcome to Craig's Man with a Van Forum.
A free message board where recommendations, views and ideas on everything about hiring a man with a van, or being one can be exchanged.
There is no need to sign-up, just submit your question or comments. Your contribution will help other readers find answers to common questions about using a man and van or small moving company too.
Please join in!
Hundreds of service providers browse this forum each day and I Tweet almost ALL user submitted entries too. So, whatever your question, you're sure to receive an answer fast.
I am currently in the process of dividing the forum into easy-to-navigate areas that will split London into the South, East, West and North.
Kent and Surrey will have it's own section due to the vast number of man with van business in these areas, and the rest of the U.K will be covered by it's own dedicated man and van forum.
My Own Experience
Much of what I write about is based on my own experiences of starting and running a small delivery company in London and Kent. I've completed over 2,400 moves and deliveries in my van. I now write about it on this site!
There are also over 60 pages of handy moving tips in the menu.
These pages contain advice for those who need to hire a man and van, as well as marketing tips for man and van business owners.
- How to pack before your move?
- How to get the cheapest moving quotes.
- How to spot removals scams and avoid dealing with unscrupulous fly-by-night companies and small delivery businesses.
- We address the issue of false man with a van reviews on the internet and how to find a genuine, reliable and recommended ma and van company with genuine customer feedback.
- Business owners can also contribute with advice for other small one-man business owners, network and seek help to market their man and van business.
- Nothing's off limits, except foul or abusive language, and malicious reviews.
These are the types of jobs we talk about in the forum:
My Forum Benefits Readers AND Man with a Van Businesses alike
- Man with a Van companies, piano movers, light haulage companies and same day courier delivery companies visit this site every day. They, like myself, are keen to share first hand experiences to help people find the best and cheapest way of preparing for a move or a delivery. The main aim is to provide you with information so that you can choose one of the many reliable small businesses known in the U.K as a "Man and Van", or a Man with a Van.
- I'll show you how and where to list your jobs so that 100's of small delivery and moving companies who have jobs lined up in your area in the upcoming weeks can see it. Many of these chaps seek out opportunities to earn money on back-loads. The advantage of this is that you don't waste your time placing enquiries with man and van companies who are fully booked.
- Help Honest Hard Working Man and Van Businesses - Have you received TOP QUALITY SERVICE ? If so, please help by leaving your positive feedback in the forum. Positive feedback and customer reviews award man and van businesses over and over again by encouraging new customers to use their services. It's what keeps good companies in business. It helps them grow and expand. These men go the extra mile to make sure their clients are happy. Please help them!
- Man with Van Companies Looking to Gain Feedback - If you're a business owner you can direct prospective clients to pages in the forum where previous customers have left positive feedback for YOUR business. I ONLY publish genuine and Good Reviews. I'm NOT in the business of publishing malicious attacks by competing man and van companies. Please ask your clients to return and review all your jobs so that we can build a genuine database of reliable, honest, hard-working and competent man and van companies in the U.K.
Join the Discussion HERE
This is a relatively new website and most submissions to my forum have been from people looking for prices by listing their jobs etc. That was never the intended purpose of the forum.
I am trying to build a database of good, honest man with van businesses rather than supply a platform for people to find quotes. Please see the pages in the menu for that. For a nationwide service to find cheap backload deals try AnyVan.com. They have many man with a van companies signed up who are able to bid on nationwide deliveries.
The 3 main purposes of this site is to:
1. Answer moving related questions from the public.
2. Allow for genuine feedback where customers would like to recommend a particular company.
3. Discuss topics that help man and van or small businesses succeed. It could be the equipment you recommend, how to market your business, site building...or just looking to network with other man and van businesses in your area. As the site grows I will probably split the forum up into sections that will make navigation much easier.
If you run a man and van business and you want people to find you when browsing the forum then you are welcome to submit a short story to promote your business. Please keep the content original and please don't just copy and paste text from your website. Include stuff like your specialties. Maybe you do piano moves, or fragile loads etc. You're welcome to include a few small pictures of your van etc. (Jpeg's)
This site currently receives between 200 and 400 unique visitors a day so it's worth spending some time on your article. I suggest 400 to 600 words max.
Inclusion of any submitted articles remain at my discretion.
If you're a visitor with any moving related questions then please ask them here and we'll all do our best to answer your questions. Your question will also be Tweeted for maximum exposure.
If you're looking for a quote then please read my advice in the site navigation menu, or browse the forum for advice and recommendations submitted by other users.
Advantages of Hiring a Man and a Van?
- Price: They offer competitive prices on single item transportation, small moves and time sensitive collections such as eBay purchases too large for couriers. Good man and van companies transport items that are too cumbersome or delicate to courier, and at much cheaper rates than larger removals companies can do because they have to pay for premises and most don't have to charge VAT.
- More Convenient: It's a method of transportation that fits in with YOUR plans and times. Many man and van companies in London also work after hours and nights. Almost all work weekends too. There is no need to take time off work to wait for that sofa you bought off eBay to be delivered.
- Better than Van Rental: DIY movers who choose to use the services of a man with a van would otherwise have the hassle of renting a van themselves.
- Help You Carry and Load: Any man and van in London who quotes you a price to help you move items should actively help you carry and load your items. That is unless you've specifically hired him as a "van with driver". Your prices are in most cases flexible based on the amount of help required. Most of the larger companies also offer 2, 3 or 4 extra men on more challenging removal jobs such as lifting and transporting of pianos, heavy appliances and machinery.