Man and Van - A Beginners Guide
Hello. My name is Craig Bruun. Ex Man with Van in London
My site is aimed at helping two types of visitors:
- People who need to move stuff as cheaply as possible with the least amount of stress.
- Man with Van Businesses: I provide, promote, and distribute information that helps small one-man delivery businesses.
The Advantages of Using a Man with a Van
The advantages of hiring a man with a van are :
- Offer competitive prices on single item transportation, small moves and time sensitive collections such as eBay purchases too large for couriers.
- It's a far more convenient
method of transportation that fits in with YOUR plans and times., working after hours and late nights, and weekends too.
- Good man and van companies transport items
that are too cumbersome or delicate to courier, and at much cheaper rates than larger removals companies can do because they have to pay for premises and most don't have to charge VAT
- Much more convenient for DIY movers who would otherwise have the hassle of renting a van.
- Most of the larger companies also offer 2, 3 or 4 extra men on more challenging removal jobs such as lifting and transporting
pianos, heavy appliances and machinery.
Even the Smallest One Man and Van Companies Offer the Best Service
Don't be put off by size, even the smallest one-man businesses offer a number of features other than their "van with driver" transport service.
- Manual Handling Techniques - They know the ins and outs of loading and offloading that will save you time.
- How to Load a Van - They know what order to load the van so that everything fits. Be sure to check my van size guide to see what fits before you hire the wrong van .
- Ideal for small moves - They operate smaller vans and trucks, from Transits to Luton Box vans that are easily maneuverable through some of the tight city streets and country lanes.
- Fragile Loads - Many man and van companies specialise in moving fragile loads, from rocking horses purchased off ebay to artwork. Some even move pianos at a fraction of the cost of the larger companies.
They'll save you big bucks and not to mention time as they'll help you load and unload the van too.